Thursday, July 12, 2012

Preparing...

Over the past couple of weeks I have been preparing for my adventure to Kenya. During this process alot of planning has taken place. Everything from the right clothes to wear to gathering the craft supplies to do with the Kenyan children. 


After nearly five months of anticipation, I can not believe that it is finally here. I will be leaving tomorrow out of Meridian around 2:20. I will be flying alone to Atlanta and there I will be meeting up with the rest of my team.  The entire journey will be around 32 hours, and I am still confused as to which day we will actually arrive in Nairobi, Kenya.

Also, as mental preparation for my trip, God has provided many opportunities for me to spend time with some of the people I love most in this world...






Camp Kemp 2012 was a hit.
Our theme was "Fireflies". Thanks to Big Daddy and Cook-Cook, we made lots of cute crafts, sang lots of songs and ate lots of watermelon!




Good Times with Great Friends!
It has been so good to catch up with old and new friends over the past couple weeks. I am so blessed to have such a supportive group of friends!  






Thank you so much to everyone who has made adventure possible! Please pray for our team as we are traveling over the next three days.  I cannot wait to see all the wonderful things that God has in store over the next four weeks!

"Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand-shine! Keep open; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:16 MSG


2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you, and I can't wait to read all about your adventure! My prayers are with you every day. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you'll get to see this, since you'll probably have left by the time this is posted, but:
    -Be sure and try two soft drinks: Stoney Tangawizi, which is a sort of citrus-and-ginger drink, and Krest Bitter Lemon, which isn't as bitter as the name implies, and in fact is quite refreshing.
    -This will be a wonderful and heartbreaking experience. I'm not sure where you'll be, but I hope you have the opportunity to get a look at the Kibera slums. There's an overlook where you can see the slums and and then drive down into them. You will not be the same person afterward.
    -If you're looking for a very inexpensive little souvenir to give to large numbers friends, mission trip supporters, and so on, they sell these great little wax matches at Nakumatt.
    -I'm sure you'll get taken to Carnivore, which is a Brazilian-style churrascaria built around the idea of exotic African meats.
    I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete